The SCL-Base, 3rd Eye News and Rogue Transmissions

"Bladerunner", "Man Bites Dog", "Gataca", "1984" & fribrydning, Kafka, morgentegnefilm, Lovecraft, cyberpunk...

Moderator: Jaked_One

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Thu 24 Sep 2009, 14:52:14

The State of The Garden Domes MonoStation
Rare is the monotrain that docks at the station, but then again it is more a refugee camp cum fortress, than a proper monostation. Caught in a storm of Johanna radicalism the Arayan have gathered their people for a prolonged defensive action. They have the weapons, the position and the will… But not the numbers… Not even close.
And each day at dawn bare-chested J’andas charge the autogun crews at the entrance of the MonoStation and die in droves. The Admiral has started regretting rotating gun crews – as the slaughter is affecting most Arayans, but those manning the fiercely efficient 12mm guns the most.

The place is packed and starting to fall apart from within.

As the B-team rests…
As the team lies in an intermistic Arayan medicalbay the leading medic is surpriced that they have stayed under for almost 5 days. So he gets Detlef jacked after conferring with the 3rd. Embassy. SHIVER-Sgt. Pillage looks strangely pleased as they cut him open.

The jack changes nothing. The feed from DW’s brain cant be decoded. And thus the Arayan start debating jacking more Belters or waking one up forcefully. In all the commotion a Pretorians gunbelt goes missing for a few hours, but fortunately is found shortly after in the mensroom, hanging in a stall. They dismiss it – everybody are strained because of the siege, even the brave Pretorians. And thus Pillage got his gun.

Down Underground, Novogorsk
Straight as rails the Engine rolls into the suburbs of the port city of Bresk. Soon the rails run into a tunnel and the team is once again in the dark. Stopping shortly to orient themselves Detlef watches a single drone ”fiddle with a bodybag” and goes to investigate. He ends up bringing the bag on the train. It seems that the Drones continuesly inject something into the piled up bodybags… That got DW thinking and he cut open one. It was filled with stinkning brown gruel and brainlike nodules. He collected a few in an old jar. That explained the Glyphs he intuitively associated the bags with “Thinking Dead”… The Nomad turned its casualties into a neural net. It made of the corpses brainmatter… but why?

Horseshit
The ranting and raving ghost Horse Johanna Shaman materializes in the middle of the tunnel, arrests the entire massive 4000 horsepower Engine psuchokinetically and calls down a holy gease upon Obie… “For him to kill both the Light & the Dark…” As he releases his “Utterworld!” grip the train rushes forward into a curve and derails, tumbling down an embankment and into the water. It turns out to be a reservoir near a train staging area, deep enough to swamp parts of the train and filled with Nomad Infectors and Spawn.

Not bad for a dead Juju-guy. Dem’be’Powha!POWHA!...

The fight on the partially submerged Engine is determined by luck. Sasha wades into the melee with a chain saw and winds up in the dark water after killing a few Nomads with the tool… and almost dissecting himself with the whirling death tool. All the while the rest struggle to keep the cap of the train Nomad Free™: Obie takes to the roof and starts laying rifle rounds into a big mother of a Spawn. It gets with in a single yard before the lead stops it dead.

The fight leaves the team strained, wounded, wed and refuge is sought in a nearby underground train staging area, where an abandoned office with an old stove and some canned goods provide more sanctuary than the team has seen in days.

Nikita is sick from drinking the water, the rest are badly banged up save Obie, who stands guard till he falls asleep on his feet. With the voice of the Juju-man whispering in his ears. Kiih’dem’Orses’Kiih’!

Deep Down Dynamo

Both Obie and Detlef feel a presence below the staging area and goes down into the storage vaults to check it out. It turns out to be a hiding TransHuman called Red Dynamo who looks massively like Ummon Rah, the King-like entity from the Sphere (Who held court on the lost planet of Grail).
He and DW have and interesting chat and conclude that Red Dee is indeed the man, who one day will become Ummon. What a marvellous coincidence… Or is the Hegemony Egg manipulating? If yes is there some lesson in this meeting is there some hidden reason. Red Dee tells that the Novogorsk Defense Forces unleashed the Nomad to combat the returning exliled TransHumans and that they almost succeeded. For now the TransHumans are biding their time looking for a weakness in the Normads armour… They part with Red Dee on friendly terms, he even makes Sasha a blade and ensures he will try to help bringing the Nomad down.

The team follows a pedestrian tunnel into an abandoned metrostation and steps out into day light. A cool clear autumn morning. For a half an hour or so the abandoned city of Bresk seems light, calm almost velcomming.

Arrested by Captain Camarow
Turning a corner they walk directly into an ambush and is arrested by NDF’s Captain Camarow and his Merry Men. Camarow quickly discerns they aren’t defectors and invites them, gun in hand, to join him at his camp near the harbour. Not prepared to fight 15 trained & armed soldiers the team follows. On the way the good Captain explains his task: keeping an eye on the abandoned city till some one comes up with a cure. Which hasn’t happened in the last 6 months.

The Harbour Novogorsk Defense Force Camp
The team joins the soldiers at the camp and stays there to recooperate a bit. After a few days they strike out to secure a radio, in order to call in their helping angle Jazz. Unfortunately the only spare radio is known to be in a stranded APC, that crashed with an infected officer aboard down town.

The soldiers in the camp are not the only military presence in the harbour. Near the mouth of the bay a large naval cruiser is at anchor. Aboard it is stationed a huge black attack helicopter, which often patrols the coast. Its clear that Camarao isn’t expecting any help from that side. They keep to them selves.

The attack upon the stranded APC with the wounded Lt. obtains a radio for the team. Fire Bug Obie goes nuts with fragmentation grenades, Spedaskograd Cocktails and Yusuf deployes, ankle sprained, in a wheelbarrow… Which gets rushed and kipped over by Nomad Infectors. Yusuf gets swamped in Infectors and beat to a pulp killing 2 Infectors, Obie gets a bit of smoke into his eyes and slays 23 in an inferno of DOOM!

The screaming was awful and the smoke could be seen for miles. But the radio still worked. A day later the lite black girl Jazz, an experienced DepEx Surfer, joins the team in the camp and is quickly accepted. She talks a lot even to Detlef.

Who abandons a fully functioning brewery?!?!
On their way to assault the Nomad Spawn in its lair the team stumbles across a abandoned pub, its jukebox playing ”I Hear Thunder, but there is no rain.”

After “recovering” a few leftover beers the team hastens on… It just does not feel right.

Then they reach the abandoned brewery.

Across the overgrown factory grounds: weeds & small bushes gives cover, there is but a breeze. almost silent. There isn’t any guards, nor any animals, not even bugs present.

But climbing to the roof they find a Nomad “drone pile” on the roof near the center of the building. From the roof top, 5 stories above ground, Detlef sees sublte glyphs in the slowly stirring weeds below: this is a “nest of birthing”. The glyphs glimpsed are
“Place of Birthing” and “Eye of Storm”.

The team stays very much way-way clear from the Drone Pile and finds a hatch down into the brewery.

In the center of the building, just below the the “drone pile” on the roof, they discover a circle of 12 body bags. The team tries to stay very clear, but Detlef suddenly wanders into the circle. Here he enters a trance and supposedly communicates with a far off TransHuman general, who is monitoring the Nomad some how.
Coming back out he remembers little.

From their the team infiltrates the cellars below the brewery in order to get to the stables.

The Stallion Charges
Out of the birthing pit the transformed stallion charges and almost wins the day. The fight is nasty, brutish and short. Its FAST, it kicks and tramples people into a pulp and it takes quite a beating. But down it goes, that mad twisted Nomad Drone. The team abandons all plans of assailing the birthing pit itself and crawls back to the NDF-camp at the harbour. Yusuf is in a piss poor state and the rest of the team pretty shook up too.

Days pass and autumn covers Bresk in her chilly cloak, stealing leaves from trees, giving the wind teeth and reminding men and beasts alike of the coming of the small death that is Winter.

In the Garden Domes MonoStation the Arayan watch their comatose charges and prepare to evacuate. The Johanna will pay any price to slay them… But the Arayan remembers their Saint and choose to run. Killing men is murdering small pieces of humanity and they don’t think there is enough left as it is…

Covered by volunteer autogun crews they slip away into the tunnels and halls below the Sector and press deeper still. Above ground the rhythmic drums of the autoguns die out as ammo runs out. Their steady beating is replaced by the mad screams of the attacking J’handa. The music of madmen.
[/b]
There is inherently no silver bullet...

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Mon 26 Oct 2009, 19:13:23

Transmission Intercepted. 2ms.
Tagmann-Quin Method Organic Encryption Layer Dissolved. 6ms.
Transmission Reads:

TO: Somebody who can break the mad encryption... good luck.

Hi Wily,

You told me to give you a heads up if anybody snooped here. And they did soon after. It reeks of Head Office - are You sure they arn't on to us?

I took this directly from their "fancy pants" transmission. Man... they had but one layer of high class encryption and some kind of over the top self deletion software. They must be more confident than actually smart.

But the transmission was

Your mind is software. Program it.
Your Body is a shell. Change it.
Death is a disease. Cure it.
Rapture is an option. Embrace it.
Extinction is approaching. Fight it.

This is a Formal Invitation to War.

Let the Hegemony break you.

The Wilders-Tennysson Translation
Translation of patern-inscription on hull of True Hegemony Fast Drone No.1.
3rd Confirmed Hegemony Contact [D-NOTICE] near [D-NOTICE].
Please note: this translation is contested by several other scholars, DepMis, DepArch and HO.

SCL 3 LOCK
Last logged access by SCL 3d Dominic Angelique of Team2morrow. Logged Cause of Access "Flame Gate - Pending Action in Kalderon Sector."

So there you have it. Dom the Doom is back in business and he is reading old Hegemony poetry. I'd kinda hoped we iced him the night Mighty Styx & the Kill Drones went for Grey... But I guess You can't win'em all. At least Blue Mountain became Pink Mist. Three cheers for Detonex.

Tell me what you think of this and lets get up our alert level. I'm afraid Old Devils are stirring. I pity the fools in Kalderon Sector, but isn't that Sector "Abandoned"?

/SurferMan666 of Mort Alien Surf League

PS: For any complaints or criminal investigations regarding this transmission, please contact Operations. For any chance in Hell catching me, please start praying.

Juul
Ol' Dirty Nerd

Post by Juul » Thu 03 Dec 2009, 23:06:02

- "How many fingers, Sascha"
- "Four"

The needle went in inflicting more pain

- "Four! Four! What else can I say? Four!"

The needle went further, almost causing Sascha to loose consciousness for a few seconds

- "Four! Stop it, stop it! How can you go on? Four! Four!"
- "Five! Five! Five!"
- "No, Sascha, that is no use. You are lying. You still think there are four. How many fingers, please"
- "Four! Five! Four"! Anything you like. Only stop it, stop the pain!"

- "You are a slow learner, Sascha", he said gently
- "How can I help it?", Sascha blubbered. "How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four"
- "Sometimes, Sascha. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane".

Sascha body writhed in pain

- "I don't know. I don't know. You will kill me if you do that again. Four, five, six - in all honesty I don't know"
- "Better. Do you know why we have brought you here?"
- "To make me confess?"
- "No, Sascha"
- "To punish me?"
- "No! Not merely to extract your confession, nor to punish you. Shall I tell you why we brought you here? To cure you! To make you sane! Will you understand, Sascha, that no one whom we bring to this place ever leaves our hands uncured? We are not interested in those stupid crimes that you have committed. Thought is all we care about. We do not merely destroy our enemies, we change them. Do you understand what I mean be that?"

En gentleman lader sig ikke mærke med hvad en fordrukken kusk råber efter ham

Bias
Ol' Dirty Nerd

Post by Bias » Fri 04 Dec 2009, 9:28:20

H: "Do you see? I did not lie to you"
S: "But he is hurting me"
H: " The void punished weekness. Be fearless."
S: "But he is killing me"
H: "No he is killing your body. You are a part of me now."

S: "How many fingers are there?"
H: " There are millions, but just say four, this one wouldnt understand anyway"

B4: "Fingers are like sand, countless. It is most importent that you know witch grains belong to you. You wouldnt want to lose yourself."
S: "How do I know witch grains are mine?"

L: "Dont lisen to either of them. Sasha you need to be smart about this. Confess now and kill him later"
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Thu 10 Dec 2009, 22:20:58

Så er der ref. Der dog et par blanke steder, hvor mine noter og Topper lige skal hjælpe mig lidt.

N'joy.

For now this constitutes victory, if we go deeper it will be but pointless sacrifice. Don’t know who said it. But at the time it constituted sound advice.

In the darkness under the abandoned brewery the B-team came precariously close to never seeing daylight again. But they prevailed, dragging themselves back into the clear autumn air of Bresk and back to the portside fortified camp of Captain-Commander Camarow and his faithful watchdog Lt. Leninkainen.

But injuries were complicated by disease. While fever raged in already weakened bodies the untouched feared Nomad Infection. Fortunately they were wrong. The only persons not touched by the fever in Camarow’s camp was the gaunt Lt. Leninkaimen and the Johanna Leagueling/Surfer Jazz. As winter invaded the already ransacked port city of Bresk they nursed the camp back to health and nine weeks after the First Battle at the Brewery the Transhuman Red Dynamo and two more of his misbegotten kind appeared in the midst of a raging blizzard. The time for a return to the ruined brewery had come. Or for those of you in the know: the time for sacrifice had arrived heralded by the silent rage of a blizzard.

The Red Dynamos plan was simple and effective: the infected horse had mobilized, transformed into a beast of war. So while the Transhumans caught its attention the Belters drove a truck, loaded with a dirty bomb scavenged from local power plants, up right next to the monster and ran for their inbred lives. Weakened by the blast, polluted by radioactivity, the beast would then be vaporized the Transhuman humanoid plasma reservoir Red Dynamo called Purifier. Captain-Commander Camarov offered LMG and 60mm mortar support, he and his men wanted to avenge the loss of his country, their city, their families. The Purifier never spoke during all this, his glowing orange form just hang there radiating immense heat, that caused steam from the melting snow to wrap around him like a young Belter wife’s funeral veil.

MISSING:
Red Dynamo = Future Ummon Rah gives Detlef Lightning in his right hand.
Envigorated by the Lightning, his own glyph burning like a small star Detlef “Names” KH “healer”.

3 days were spend mobilising, readying mortars, reviewing plans and evaluating the use of scarce resources. On the fourth day they went to war. While Camarow’s men marched into the steadily falling snow dressed in several layers of clothes against the cold, the Belters stood shivering, not wearing much more than their underwear, haz-mat suits and their weapons. But it was a matter of priorities. Where the cold kills slowly and mercifully, hard radiation from the truck’s dirty bomb, much like the void, punishes all weakness. Cold fingers may pull triggers, but bleeding eyes cannot aim.

While the mortars shell the already tumbled brewery the Belters in their suicide truck drag themselves across the barren snow hell that once was a city of millions. The wind surely the howling of the Nomad’s Thinking Dead. The Nomad doesn’t even allow for vengeful ghosts, it even corrupts and distorts the afterlife. In the small cabin, the engine roaring strained, bomb gently teasing the suits radcounters, already the Belters sweat patiently in their hazmat suits, knowing all too well how this must end. Jazz cries helplessly in her suit.
While mortars whizzed down the truck snuck into positions, the ground shook while the Transhumans battled the Nomad below. But before the truck had reached its position, before the timer had even been activated, the ground under it collapsed sending the truck, the bomb and the soon dead Belters tumbling into a craterlike hole awash with Nomad Infectors and Drones. The B-team came out of the overturned vehicle firing, hurling abuse and grenades liberally. Heedless of the pesky Drones Karl Heinz scrambled onto the wreckage and struggled with first the timer and then directly with the detonator. Nobody brings a bomb that big if they aren’t ready to use it!

Almost instantly the sweat in their suits became as cold as their blood would soon be.

As weapons jammed and clips ran dry and the Drones swarmed the site, Sasha led the counter charge clearing a path towards the crater wall, carving a tunnel through Nomads away from the bomb. Scant seconds before Sasha reached the crater wall KH requested to be left behind. The team should get out of the blast radius and fast. KH had made up his mind. Just as it took one Nomad to kill and enslave a city of millions, it would take one Belter and his multi-tool to leave that Nomad an irradiated corpse.

Through it all rad-counters clicked like madmen assigned with counting the torrent of Nomad Spawn. And all notions that the cold might some how might affect the Belters adversely discarded along with the first 10mm Novogorsk Standardik Rifle Cartridge.

Scrambling up the crater wall the remaining Belters took refuge in an abandoned, snow covered storage facility nearby, ripping up the floor and hiding like rats in the crawl space below.

Battling both the defect detonator and clinging Infector Drones Karl Heinz fought on and brought his final sacrifice beneath an uncaring white sky. Covered in Infector Drones his hazmat suit finally failed him and their tendrils burned into his skin before he could detonate the bomb. Before the team had reached the storage area he had risen as a Drone in thrall of the Nomad, finally without fear, finally strong.

In the crawlspace the team waited for two minutes or more, finally emerging knowing KH’s sacrifice had been in vain and fearing an onslaught of Infector Drones.

Hoping to detonate the dirty bomb the team guided mortar fire into the crater, even firing and throwing their last grenades and few rifle grenades in that direction, but to no avail. Determined Yusuf called for a counterattack to retake the bomb and “get the job done”. None argued: numbed by the cold, horror… loss. The brightly orange clad figures stumbled towards the crater and doom. From the crater edge inhuman, monsterous shapes dragged themselves, mercifully partially hidden from view by the whipping tendrils of snow. And then every thing went straight to hell. Trampling its own spawn under foot the Nomad emerged, huge and spiderlike. Under a barrage of mortar shells and Transhuman discharges it fled, smashing its way into the brewery’s parking lot across the street, crumbling tank trucks like beer cans. Camarow’s support team left their position covering the mortar teams and attacked. Reminding all of their duty Sasha charged after the lumbering beast.

The Red Dynamo engaged the primary head of the Beast keeping it busy. The Belters became the dogs snapping at the heels of the bear. And the bear FOUGHT!

It was all over in seconds. Yusef felled by a spray of minute acidic spores that burned and warped his flesh, only to reanimate him as a Nomad. Detlef mercifully released the rune of lightning upon him, before he could endanger the teams desperate struggle against the seemingly impervious monster. Limbs were severed, comrades in arms killed, but where as the Nomad spawns regrew and rose again the Belters did not. This would only end one way. But as the battle raged and Sasha manifested the terrible Herald, the Transhumans revealed their might. From high above the snow besieged city of Bresk the Purifier released a massive discharge of pure incandescent plasma aimed straight at the Nomad. To the Belters the battle ended abruptly, changing immediately from clamour and chaos to a blinding white-hot stillness, to heat beyond pain.

The team came to strapped to stretchers, connected to medpacs and hidden away, walled away in the deepest, darkest basement of the now J’handa infested Garden Domes Station. A note stuffed into Yusef’s mouth told, that their gear had been stowed away a few floors above. Soar, stiff and shaken the Team revived the comatose KH and broke out of their tomb. The J’handa had won, taking the station and sacked it. In the cellars below only a few pillagers and lazy guards remained.
Their carelessness and greed delivered them into the hands of merciless Belters: few survived.

But no sooner had the Belters regained their gear and fled through the maintenance tunnels, than they were “picked up” by a squad of –huge- Arayan Power Armours. The Belters surrendered, never before had they seen such a vulgar display of Proscribed Technology in the hands of the normally low key and tech shunning Arayan. The suits rivalled even the Company’s War World Suits in size and technology. Sasha didn’t even consider drawing his blade.

Placed in a deep-deep underground facility, clearly on warfooting, the Belters were disarmed and put to work. While some genius sent Blade to fix rifles in the armoury the rest laboured in the massive sick bay below: the Arayan were hitting back at the Scav and HARD… Much to the dismay of Yusef, who had come to believe the Scav too were fighting the Nomad.

Only Sasha was kept in a cell, where he spoke to himself and drew on the walls. His fragile mind further unhinged by the foreboding Herald & alien Nomad…

MISSING: How to include Sasha’s Wall painting????

And nobody even contemplated escape, for within the giant armoured suits were giant Arayan: stormer-like in every aspect, save the perfected human features and the intelligence burning in their eyes. Their leader (officer) Hertzel obviously kept a close eye upon the Belters, but he seemed empathic, fair and humane. Not bad for a guy who can lift a SLA military class bodyarmour unassisted. Hertzel and his kind were respectfully called “Engels” by the normal Arya, which seems be a parallel to the Johanna word “Angel” which means messenger from god, avenger or guardian. Certainly Hertzel in his power suit lugging a 20mm automatic support weapon could be all of the above.

But the Araya held them for a reason soon to be revealed: the Araya had teamed up with Yngwe and DepCoPo to go into Kalderon Complex again… And finally learn the truth of that cursed site, its “singing bomb” and its trice cursed Nomad. Holding the B-team hostage had somehow facilitated this new level or cooperation? What favours had been called/ promised and by who?

Oh, and off cause the Belters were to enter the massgrave that is Kalderon… to descend into the old DepTrans mono-rail staging yard and retrieve a nuclear powered train carriage, containing a dormant Nomad, that somehow was kept sleeping by the Thresher bomb that turned Kalderon into a necropolis in the first place. Easy in, easy out… With a brief pause a long the way to discharge guns in a frenzied manner and soil your armour.

With first light the team would be transported by ‘kopter to peaceful K-street, to rest and recoop in the gentle care of Getzemane SHIVER Commander Styx.

Fat fucking chance.
Fat fucking nomad possessed chance.

Bias
Ol' Dirty Nerd

Post by Bias » Fri 11 Dec 2009, 9:56:21

As a prisoner in shackles they cept him in their cells. But no chains can hold his revalation.

They had locked him up in their dungeons and sent their Angels to guard him. But he had a message to sent. He had to get the message to Charlie in Paris. As he could not leave the dungeon to go to Paris, he had to make Paris come to the dungeon. So he painted the walls of the dungeon as it was the cafee where he met with Charlie in Paris and there he left the message in front of him on the table wrapped in an envelope.

Now he could only wait.

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Wed 16 Dec 2009, 13:50:05

"Hope is no more than postponed disappointment."

Dominique "Dom the Doom" Angelique
PreCognitive "Prototype: Black" Stormer Unit SCL 4D
Department of Strategic Ressources, Subdepartment of Prognose and Projection
Founding Member of the Operative Team Team2Morrow

Recorded conversation with Special Operative Blue Mountain
by DepCoPo (Not for Public Use)

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Tue 09 Feb 2010, 20:46:33

"Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance for survival.

There may be a worse case.

You may have to fight when there is no chance of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."

Old Man Church-Mills
Pre-Conflict War Warlord* & Scholar

*Often attributed with stopping the 2nd Arayan Embassy's plans of world domination.

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Tue 16 Feb 2010, 21:06:58

From the photogeek & softporn Mort Web Page: "The Small Picture":
"Her name is Kallis, she is a SHIVER in my sector. Some times she is not in armour, but she is always armed. Her RL BF is a total sniper-psycho-scout psycho-SLOP called Oberon the Blade. He and his SLOP mates kill people for -nothing- and fill out the forms, pay the fines, apollogize & whatever afterwards... And it makes their Commander smile. Oberon makes me fear for my life. His mates makes me piss my pants. The commander makes me fear for my very soul and Kallis here... OHSHIT IF OB ever finds out I snapped a phonepic of his RL GF... ADMIN: HOW TO DELETE A POSTING COMPLETELY? THEY GOT GUNS & SCLS!!!"

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Thu 01 Apr 2010, 16:42:17

For far too long had the people of K-street sector lived in the belief that their Lord was infaliable... Not that they didn't have reason to...

They had told great tales of The Day Where He Ousted DepSec, in the guise of the slimy Adrian Smith & corrupt Duke Hanson.

They had almost believed him capable of magic when he one darkest night dug, manned and held the southern Furillo Line.

And they had marveled at his skills at diplomacy when he and his loyal Belter war dogs negotiated access to a clean water supply from the inscrutinable Arayan.

Some said the Loas had blessed him, others that he surely was in league with Dark Night, others still whispered that in the dark night the Loas live there other beings,
beings not of Creation, that readily trade such puny material, political victories for the right sacrifice.

But then in the last month of the last year of the 8th Century of the Company it all changed. But knowing the Horse like we do, we were not surprised. Creation tolerates the evil of Man poorly.

And Pawlow Ramone Styx may be more evil than most, but that didn't seem to bother Creation one bit...

Now in the bombed out ruins of Kave Street they tell of The Last Day of Water: a cruel and sad tale of Johannas mad with hate, of Styx's kidnapping of the High Priestess and of the
venemous wrath of his insane Belter dogs. Brave men blown to pink mist by hateful bombs, babies ripped from steaming wombs of dying mothers and the sound of automatic weapons chatter, barely disguising the sound of a galloping horse... The omens had been there for all to see, for far too long... And none had seen them. Second only to Creations intolerance of Mans Evil is Mans Inability to Listen: even when the speaker uses the very language that gave birth to Man.

And Styx, along with his mercenary Belter dogs, survived it all... Finally proving he was in league with beings not of Creation, that he was indeed a capable sorceror backed by an
Evil far surpassing Mans.

But for most people it was not that simple:
What Styx had tried to do had both been simple and necessary: to provide armed escort for the weekly water supply trucks to the 3 Johanna population centres of the sector.
3 tankers and 3 stops on a 21 km route in an urban setting, infested with Armoured Saint fools and the odd mortar attack from beyond the Furillo Line. Styx chose to do it by the book
and by anybody's standards he did it well, loosing only 2 trucks, 1 SHIVER and a bit of public goodwill to 3 well prepared and executed ambushes. It would almost seem
that he had put himself and his loyal men in harms way to ensure the water supply of the Sector. Just like when he ousted DepSec or when he ripped a trench running all along Furillo Street, named it the Line and held it against Dark Night. He was a SHIVER and he would Serve & Protect the Company, even those customers furthest away from the Company, the lowly citizenry of Lower Downtown.

... But why am I telling you all this: you were... and for that you are probably sorry.

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Thu 01 Apr 2010, 19:26:46

You were there when the first truck got slagged by an RPG and everytihng devolved into a classic Road Warrior Scenario, complete with heavily armed SLOPS firing from copulas welded onto trucks. (Yes, those SLOPS were you!)

You where there when the Armoured Saint psycho's drove several suicide bomb cars into the lines of Johanna waiting for water at Tempel Street. When one of them exploded and caused massive civilian casualties.
And you were there again hardly an hour later when Roy Wright the old SHIVER tech from Marble Sector died trying to defuse the one that didn't. All he left was a crater, which the rain filled in 2 minutes flat.

From that point 3 squads of Wörter Träger lend their support to the cause and went to High Gate Park to deploy on the rooftops.

And you were there at Magrittes blocks, at High Gate Park, when every thing went completely out of control. All you had to do was to keep watch while the Johannas got their water from the remaining tanker.
But the Armoured Saints were among the civilians, some with rifles and grenades, some with RPGs and others still with explosives strapped to their bodies. Thanks to the Wörter Träger's vigilance you had a few seconds of warning and because of them you only had to face some 20 odd Armoured Saint slaves. But right after the WT rapported contacts on the roof tops the first suicide bomber deonated in the crows massing the tanker.
From windows and door ways they opened with automatic weapons, RPGs came zipping down into the fleeing crowds from above. Every thing went straight to hell, a place where the thunder is constant and falling asphalt, interrupted by gracefylly arching bodyparts is the only other weather.

You were there on the Day That Styx Failed… Failing along side him.

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Thu 01 Apr 2010, 19:35:31

More “high” lights (Warning: not in correct order!):
During the first leg of the supply run DW rides shotgun with Sukow in the stripped & reinforced cabin of the middle tanker. Sukov asks for a favor and produces a large envelobe of Unis: he would like to be evacuated from the sector and he would like DW to assist him. DW refuses to accept the envelope & hands it back. For the rest of the supply run there is an arkward silence in the cabin.

In the minutes before the ambush Detlef was already starting to slip into some kind of psychological fit. As he looked around upon the sea of waiting Johannas he could actively make out some of their glyphs, around one third of the men, women and children waiting for water had glowing orange, blue or green glyphs hovering just inches from their forheads and they all seemed oblivious to the fact. But it got worse: at the height of the ambush Detlef started wandering off, abandoning the fire sector assigned by Styx: he tought he had seen Jazz, which he actually did… Her features some how superimposed on random Johanna females in the panicky crowds. Styx almost tore Detlef’s head off for that one… No body disobeys a direct order, not even DepSec’s highest ranking sector representative.

In the middle of the shit storm Sasha went absolutely abeshit. With all the wrath and madness of the Transhumans he manifested his Unbound condition and the Herald waded into Magrittes block, slaying any and all that stood against him, at one point even shoving a pregnant teen off the stairs 3 floors up. Storming after Sasha Yusef found her lying on the concrete floor dying and made a decision saving the baby, but not the mother. When Yusef finally caught up with the Herald some floors above the Herald started shouting paniced at him (later review of Yusef’s recording didn’t decipher the language, but Detlef felt sure that the Herald was ranting about a broken pact, a forbidden wizardry and that The Anointing of Armour with Blood of the Pure… go figure…) Yusef spoke to Magrittes bodyguards and got their help escorting Magritte and Louisa to APC.

Styx ordered Detlef into the fray and together they left the tanker to provide cover for Yusef and Sasha. Only Blade stayed on the top of the tank, moving like an automaton he chose his targets and ended their madness one rifle round at the time. Around him RPG's whizzed and the tank was riddled with small arms fire, but he never really noticed untill after, when he finally lowered his scoped rifle. When he heard the thunder of hooves no more.

Detlef sees Jazz again and again. Detlef sees the glyphs of all present, some blue, some orange, some none at all.

After the surviving Johannas had operated an emergency aid station for an hour or so, gathering the wounded where the blocks lone medic could treat them… The Armoured Saints send two suicide bombers to mob up. From there on the sector descends into fear and confusion.

Blades dream of the ‘Orseman.
Some how Blade got some kind of message from the Horse. It came as a dream scene in which he watch an untrained Johanna, with an odd white collar, try to off a couple of sleazy Kiestas enforcer types in a diner, near some big highway on the planet Texas. The Johanna got gunned down and Blade avenged him…easily… Oh and tipped the waitresses quite well. Waking up Blade had the notion, that something important had happened… But didn’t have the foggiest clue what… At least the coffee was great.

Yngwe confesses: Styx has got the screws on him and is actively serching for the Nomad. Yngwe fears that Styx has got something on people in rather high places, including the League Installation. But he didn’t even hint at what it could be, just that they might as well shoot him themselves should the secret get out… Yusuf got a bad feeling in his gut: how many allies were not really allies, but just more of Styx’ dogs…

The Decryptet Casino Lux data taken by League.
After being decrypted on Linda Blue’s machine at the station for ages the Casino Lux material, stolen from Rachs Dark Night operation, finally opened… And was promtly removed by Styx, handed over to League and not seen again. Linda wasn’t happy, not happy at all.

The Odd Shared Dream (15 years in the past, in some Central sector)
Detlef got into the dream first. He was hiding in the back of a huge Agustus Limo, which sped towards an anonymous officetower somewhere in Central. Blue Mountain was driving and Dom the Doom was in the passenger seat. They spoke off how Ms. Grey was working late and that she had requested their presence, she said she was in some kind of trouble. They talked of the importance of the Operation, of how it would mean finally achieving contact with “Them”. How confident they seemed, how deep the roar of the Augustus engines, how loyal these Knights of Industry.
When the car pulled into a rainsoaked and almost deserted Central parking lot the two giants got out, popped the trunk and armed themselves heftily from the arsenal kept there. Then they entered the building. Detlef snook out, choose a small Archlight energy pistol from the trunk and followed.
Meanwhile inside the building the rest of the Belters entered the dream as the Monarchs guarding the building. On the surveillance cameras the could see the two suited giants enter the building and their sergeant told them to go assist the two quickly. Being good Monarchs the Belters quickly ran to assist the Company Men, but failed to catch up with them before they got to the elevator. Whilst waiting for the elevator Detlef caught up with the team. While Detlef noted the smart Monarch uniforms, Yusef wondered why Detlef was in a shipsuit from Yusuf’s station. When the team finally caught up with Blue and Dom they were talking to Ms. Grey. Dom got angry with their interruption and herded them into a room across the hall. Here he questioned them at length, believing to have seen them before, to have dreamed of them himself. Just before the conversation got really weird the entire flor shook with the impact of missiles: Styx and his merry men had arrived. Dom rushed to save Ms. Grey and the team followed. The office across the hall had a wall ripped out. Outside a huge Kilcopter was disembarking the power armored shapes of aforementionet Subversives: they had jet packs, they had energy weapons and they had Blue Mountain dead in a matter of seconds. In the confusion that followed Dom ordered the team to get Ms. Grey to an approaching CasEvac. The team obeyed carrying Ms. Grey mothers battered form to the elevator and from there to the parking lot. Above them Dom fought a desperate delaying action against the armoured might of Styx. In the parking lot an unmarked black Company sedan awaited them. A visibly younger & healthier Adrian Smith in a good suit with a SCL 2 DepStratRes SCL card revieved them and placed the gravely wounded mother of Ms. Grey on the back seat of his car. Then he and suddenly appearing Dark Findes shot the Monarchs in cold blood and the dream ended,

With Magritte and Loisa safely back at the station Linda Blue took it upon her self to ensure their comfort in this rather unfortunate situation. But true to form Sasha screwed up royally: he overdosed on Ash in the mens room and ran around naked with a bloody nose accosting even the 11 years old Loisa, something Linda Blue took very, very personally. Personally enoug to get a silencer made in the workshops. Sasha recalled little of the incident, which left Magritte looking scared and Louisa in desperate tears. He simply notet, that the lace could be overloaded. I see a future most darkly for that kid.
Roy Wrights funeral was an afternoon of bad liquer and good tales. Styx held a brief but damend fine eulogy. Then Wright went the way of the Pyre.

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Thu 01 Apr 2010, 20:08:33

To prepare the ground for the mini-invasion of Kalderon Yngwe wanted to setup a staging area in the sectors north of Kalderon. He chose an area with access to a couple of working generators an old huge filtration tower, roughly the size of 2 city blocks. But before DepEx and the fearless B-team could swing into action, something “spectacular” happened. The same tracker sattelite that Lia Xiong was found chained to dead in Kalderon almost a year ago came back online broadcasting an emergency signal… several levels below the old filtration tower. Fearing a trap the B-team folded in to retrieve the sattelite… and triggered a rather nasty trap.
Taking advantage of the foldingteam the team went to the Wetlands Summer Residence to get some old debt out of the world. Here they had a cup of tea in Piotr’s kitchen and leaving the old Station Chief passed his wife’s wedding band to Sasha. Olik had given Credit to Yusef and Piotr had upped the ante by affirming his status as godson. Let the Succession Wars begin.

Dark Finders had brought the animal shell of Lia Xiong to track the B-team, so that a Dogey Bone Action Team could bring them down. But it didn’t really come to pass that way… The Dark Finders deployed Lia, Sasha and Blade subdued her and Blade had a brain wave, he ordered the team to share blood directly on Lia’s deathsuit in order to channel the shared fragments of her “soul” back into the animal shell. And PRAISED BE THE HORSE! It worked & when the first Dogey Bone Power Armour dropped in the B-team was ready: KH had planted a jurryrigged EMP-grenade and Yusef stood ready with an RPG.
4,2 seconds later the 5000 credit power armour along with its 3.2 million credit pilot was toast, shot in the face: up close and personal… Belter style. After that there was quite a bit of running and gunning as the team extracted to the top of the filtration tower linking up with Vermeriss and Fatso awaiting extraction.Mean while unmarked black Kilkopters with powerful search lights prowled the industrial sector below the tower, where they appearantly engaged hostile forces with Proscribed Technology: one massive gunship taken out by a insanely bright pillar of light sweeping up form below for more than 4 seconds… Punching a hole in the clouds.
Then the Dark Finders assailed the tower, coming in in micro-gliders and parashutes: but the team was waiting and the Dark Findes fell like so much dirty rain. But before the first wave of Dark Finders attacked Sasha/the Herald had taken things up a notch anointing the tower in his own blood, saturating the entire tower in massive amounts of Unbound Flux… And as we know: one good deed leads to another… Immensed in a sea of flux the Glyph Amon Rah gave to Detlef reawoke and awash with power of lightning he pointed out into the night and shot the last Kilcopter out of the sky. Then the team folded to league.

Dark Finders 0 – Belters 9

JT
Veteran Nerd

Post by JT » Thu 20 May 2010, 13:28:34

måske et forslag fra virkeligheden der med succes kan overføres til at løse Johanna poverty
"A problem well stated is half solved."

Charles F. Kettering

Bias
Ol' Dirty Nerd

Post by Bias » Wed 09 Jun 2010, 15:01:52

Replace velociraptor with some canibal sector creep.

Bias
Ol' Dirty Nerd

Re: The SCL-Base, 3rd Eye News and Rogue Transmissions

Post by Bias » Fri 17 Sep 2010, 13:10:47

Jeg faldt over det her link

http://www.tractatus.hochholzer.info/in ... ?site=main

Jeg ved ikke hvor mange af jer der har læst tractatus, men jeg er helt vild med denne her version altså folde ud modellen.

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Wed 22 Sep 2010, 13:45:10

Regarding Urban Johanna Skin Whitening Procedures*:
The evaluating DepInov Team said: JT's thirst for radical innovation and obvious talent has earned him a SCL 11 Junior Clerk Job at DepHous, after serving a full term in Getzemane for failing to recognize the truth: TO THE COMPANY ALL LOYAL CONSUMERS ARE EQUAL.

*The evaluating DepInov Team also notes the need for some kind of rainproofing/lacquer.

The total prize money earned, fines & costs of manual reaction from DepInov subtracted: 1000 - 968 crd = 32 credits paid out to Mr. JT's account.
For total list of fines, please see appendix A1.

Regarding the balant copying of textbook material from Operatives Guide to the Cannibal Sectors (p.88, Fig.1):
For Breach of Copy Right (SLA Industries, DepMis) Operative Bias is fined 6.041 crd.

For Breach of the Loyal Conduct Act Ex-Operative Bias is fined 11.000 crd.

For not having a loyal & motivating forum signature, expounding Company Values & Strategies, SCL 12 Bias is sent to work in CAF Handgun Factory "Enterprising Shot", Digsite Sector LDT.

Please standby for non-negotiable relocation by Monarch. DepHous is pleased to inform you of your relocation adress shortly.

Kun tractacus-linket redder dig fra et permanent ban. :D

Bias
Ol' Dirty Nerd

Post by Bias » Wed 22 Sep 2010, 20:10:42

Jeg takker DepPlot mange gange for forfremmelsen og den store udfordring det bliver at sælge CAF våben til fornuftige mennesker.

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Thu 14 Oct 2010, 22:18:27

"Very few things are as dangerous as a bunch of incentive-driven individuals trying to play it safe." Sub-commander Rasch dons the hood of his Null Zone Suit and signals the tech to test the cybernetical feeds. "But if we don't emphazise this aspect of Styx' past, it will go unpunished, they will die and he... Will bring forth what he has conjured, like some Jhanda wizard of ancient myth... The man is mad, but has the capacity to bring forth true madness, the kind that does not create, only consumes."

John Winters, or Christopher Raines as he is known here, nods. "Yes, the only resource Styx needs is time, and we haven't been able to isolate him from it." Raines smiles, a tired smile, from a tired man.

"May the Party bless You Sub-Commander and keep You, even in Kalderon."

The faceless ovoid of the Null Zone Suit turns in Raines' direction:" Fuck You, Comrade-Specialist". Rasch steps into the airlock and lets the mission parameters flood his mind.

Lesser men would fail. But nobody ever asked lesser men to take on Lia, Fatso and Vermeriis in one session... Just to deliver a message. The newest hand trembles slightly in its Null Zone Suit-glove... The newbies are always nervous...

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Sat 06 Nov 2010, 1:29:29

“We are both parent and child of technology – that’s the paradox we have to fight with for ever.”

LDT Blast Wall Tag,
Attributed to Ol'Kay-Kay.

Juul
Ol' Dirty Nerd

Post by Juul » Sat 06 Nov 2010, 13:31:28

"Technology is neither good, nor bad, nor neutral"

- Bresk Poetry Group
En gentleman lader sig ikke mærke med hvad en fordrukken kusk råber efter ham

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Thu 11 Nov 2010, 20:48:52

Først lidt om stammerne (hvad holdet har opfattet/forstået under opholdet):

The Tribes
Generally there are two categories of tribes: the Guided and the UnGuided, both largely identical to the untrained eye, intermingling freely and some times even changing their status. Currently it is in fashion to call all tribes belonging to the Guided kind “The Guided” tribe as if they were one, but they are not even keeping their own modes of governance. What ever this guided/unguided dichotonomy means, it remains too subtle for you discern: to your untrained eye there is no political, economical, religious or cultural difference. In the old days the tribes fought: a long this line and a long all the usual lines of conflict humanity percieves. The only difference you have found the tribesmen themselves acknowliging a seemingly ironic saying “… Just like you would trust a Guided Priest.” The saying is used to mark groups or persons with more than one, and even hidden, agendas.

The Eastern tribes are quite different from each other, but the following traits seem common:

The Priests
Three types of priests tend to the religious needs of the tribes:
The Priests of the Ancients (also called Hegemonists)
The Necromantic Cluster (also called Witches)
The Ancient Order (a purely female sub-group/governing organ? Of the Necromantic Cluster)

The Elders: The politicals
All tribes revere their elders and have some kind of ancestor whorship. Almost all chieftains and highly placed advicors belong to this group, which keep the different factions working relatively smoothly together. Within the group as a whole there is a divide: a majority finds that listening to the priests and doing their, sometimes bizare, biddings is the best way to proceed. And a small, but diplomatically driven minority that preferes to use the elusive Hunters for formulating strategy. It has something to do with the “Sway of the Dead over the Priests*” and “The Juvenile Ways of the Hunter**”.

The Warriors
The might of the tribes, most are also farmers or herdsmen, but all take fierce pride in their martial provenes and will happily lay down their lives to protect their (individual) Tribe. Most members claim no political clout, but most work very closely with the respected Elders. From the lowliest guardsman to the highst general, they all belong to this class/caste… But oddly this seems to be the only class/caste with porous boarders, members of other classes/castes are quie wellcome and cowardize can get you thrown out… also called “being Priested”.
Three taboos seem to be of massive import to this group:
Killing unarmed opponents, even to the point where some don’t hunt anything but predators. The punishment is usually being asked participate in a suicide attack or to “walk to the Grey Stones***” Cannibalism, which is rumored to lend the eater strength, but also to “chain him to the past”.

The Huntsmen
At first you taught this group/caste to be litteraly “huntsmen” bringing home game and fish, but that proved inaccurate. Some Huntsmen do, but they also study nature closely and always keep a journal. They are aggressively positivist, naturalist and have a firm anti-superstition stand often finding them at odds with the Priest class/caste and their more outrageous boasts/tales/prayers. In other worlds the Huntsmen would be doctors, philosophers, architects and specialized technicians. In this they are relatively small group of strong individuals, that actually have to swear off their bloodline and family to gain the right to “hunt”. Some hunters are tought to violate the taboo of archeology and the fact that none have ever been caught is proof enough for most elders and Priests that they have been successful.
* This frase is considered massively impolite to use in front of any adult… And some priests will even declare a duel, striving to kill the offender.
** Another volatile frase, bound to bring the ire of a priest, but the Hunters seem not to care. Then again most people will go out of their way to not insult a Hunter, even more so than even the necromantic Priests.
*** The “grey stones” seem to refer to several actual physical locations, where odd grey rock formations drive men mad and allows demons to wear the skin. (Some Hunters actively skirt the edges of these formations hunting the demons, some Priests enter the formations and even come out alive and relatively sane.) Talking about the stones supposedly bring bad luck, but they seem to be backdrop for quite a few late night campfire tales. (Where a stupid Hunter is attempted saved by an equally stupid priest and some stout warriors have to ride, in wack a few demons in the maws, break a whole lot of different limbs and drag the poor sods out. Then drink mead and fornicate with some extremely gratefull and agile hunter vixens. Good stuff.)

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Thu 11 Nov 2010, 20:50:49

'og nu selve referatet. Resten tilgår i morgen. Jeg har glemt min USB-nøgle på jobbet. Grrr.

Living in the warcamp proved quite easy, once you figured out how to walk amongst the giant barbarians and respect their customs, sing their songs… and drink their beer.

Days passed and what rembled a life slowly materialized: when Mort is your home, not that many places can freak you. Life here was even better than distant Bresk and by now the Belters had become a part of camplife: enslaved yet respected, exotic yet known. Men could live like this.
But then early one morning Corb, Flint and Ark dragged the team into a nearby swamp, placed them all upon a pile of local rocks along with a group of priests for a so called Trial. Which basically the priests, led by Ark, asking all sort of questions… It all seemed a bit improvised and desperate, as if the priests wanted to know how the Belters viewed the Prophetes, but dared not ask. Odd. After a whole day of standing on a rock being questioned the team was returned to the camp as if it hadn’t happened. All of the other priests seemed like snivering cowards, so very much like the other barbarians, so very little like Ark and Corb.

[Obies Cougar Hunt] Tilgår: glemt på nøgle på arbejde. Sveddrypende sex scene.

[Mall Attack and upload of skills] Tilgår: glemt på nøgle på arbejde. Hvis Belterne arbejde i Fakta.

[Ambush at Dawn: The Falcon Strikes] Tilgår: glemt på nøgle på arbejde. 20 sekunder: 10 døde

The entire ambush event was deemed a massive unfortunate mistake and to ensure that no hard feelings existed Falk gave Detlef a Wizards Ring, which could actually store flux and offered his sister up as Detlefs servant upon the coming journey to see the Prophetess.
As it turns out Falk is a gobetween for the Prophetess and her priests, who have set up shop in an old abandoned temple two months to the south east. Falk had just been dispatched a month ago to fetch the Belters for an audience. Argam seemed to believe this and neither Corb, nor Ark protested. With in the week a suitable party had been gathered consisting of Falk, Raksha, Flint, Corb, Ark and 12 warrior caste tribesmen, all veterans chosen by Flint himself.

All they waited for was for a guide to arrive, called the Far Triber the guide is silent, and wrapped in a stange leather armor, much like the Blind Smith. The Triber is notoriously flickel and actually slaps the Belters on several locations. Fortunately the Triber is small and lithe… And turns out to be Jazz in disguise, some how come to assist the B-team in this 2nd Egg-venture. That is one ressourceful Leagueling. Surfers Rulez!
The slappings where her attempt at transmitting a code that Belters COULDN’T POSSIBLY MISS. But we all know about Our B-team and codes… To them block letters is almost a form of cryptation… But finally Detlef got it and the team was not alone amongst strangers no more… It rose every bodys spirits: not only is Jazz one hell of an Operative, but in Bresk she proved a valuable part of the team.

Worming their way over the tribal plains the team experienced some of the wonders of this stange place, herds of Zirkont roaming the plains like grass eaters docile and stupid, packs of Raksha Cats mimicing sounds and mannerisms to lure prey out into the darkness and landscapes consisting entirely of plants, rocks and sky… Not a building or sign of civilisation to see… This first leg of the journey was almost comfortable. And in the hands of Falk a competently run operation: the man was clearly a leader a heart.

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Fri 12 Nov 2010, 9:53:24

Sidste del af ref:

Trapped and enslaved in a strange barbarian land Obie made the only rational, logical move: he went into the entertainment business and to Adult Entertainment 73 hours later.
And as befits a student of both Fox Hound and Fatso he was quite succesful, if not overly so. (AKA "scant two days after his debut on the
Tribe Kids Entertainment circut he got his first pimp (the kings head trouble solver) and was attacked by a royal cougar (= the kings youngest wife) AKA he got hired to do the head chieftains wife...
not bad for the average scout sniper kinda guy... And she was quite something, quite cougarish'... In need of service because of a wound the King had recently recieved.)

For his efforts he got tooth'ed, which basically means he is now a tribesmember. (And if he didn't keep this extra job a secret he'd be guttet too).

What happens in the Egg stays in the Egg. (He hopes.)

One late night several days later the Leaguelings aka the Surfers struck. In a bizare shared dream, codenamed: "The Mall", the Surfers gained contact through a rather dumb SI-construct and got not only a warning, but also a massive
skill-upload to the Belters. The Surfers had proven what Oberon suspected all along: there is some element of "program" about the Egg and manipulating the code behind the scenes is possible.

Early one morning it all went to hell. A small group of tribesman warriors, led by Falk* the Barbarian Warrior Priest, entered the camp and headed straight for the tent containing the Belter slaves and their Orienta maid/minders.
What ensued was labelled a tragic mistake, but any seasoned Operative would probably not agree.

1) An armed group attacks a seemingly defenseless target just before dawn: a few Belters and a couple of servants.
2) The Belter slaves mysteriously have become expert armsmen overnight and some how got warned of the impending attack.
3) The Orientan servants in turn proved hand picked "chained empty hand poets" bought at a northern slave auktion at great expense by another priest Ark**. These four little maids bought the Belters their lives and paid in blood.
4) In a warcamp of several tousand barbarians, scant tens of yards from the Chieftains encampment the help arrives only exactly after the fighting stopped.

A very well coordinated tragic mistake, which ended in a blood bath. Armed with uploaded skills and barbarian weapons the Belters quickly turned the tables upon the ambushers, but not before the servants had been killed.
Sasha manifested the Herald, Yusuf fought with true mastery and frightening skill and Detlef proved once and for all that one should never give a bureaucrat a battle axe. Hence forth he will be known as the "Axeman" and by
the amputated limbs they shall know him. It was over in under a minute, as the last of his men fled Falk tried to escape, but Yusuf tried to stop him and got his ass kicked quite effectively.

But while Yusuf fought Falk, Detlef the Axeman fed upon the energies streaming off the Herold and called the lightning from his hand. Falk took the full force of Ummon Rah's gift, or at least as much as the Axeman dared channel, and it only put him into a coma.
(The same shot brings down Dark Finder Kil'copters.)

Tracking the ambushers DW and Sasha found a barbarina girl called Raksha at a camp not far from the warcamp. She quietly surrendered, obviously in awae of those who had brought Falk down.

*Falk must mean "Tank" in the local tongue.
** "Careful-methodical-political-paranoid-opeartor" in the local tongue.

Jaked_One
Grand Nerd Extreme

Post by Jaked_One » Thu 02 Dec 2010, 23:16:03

"Shot outta orbit n' I think of U.
At Zee-Gee*, the tricks we'd do."

Good Girls Gone Bass (G3B)
Corus to "Outta' Orbit" from the number one Album "Terminal Luvosity", Mort Cleared For Rotation Charts (MCFRC100) 899SD
Disc Player of Linda Blue, Tracklist "Workout
"

*Zee-Gee is Belter and means "In Free Fall" or "In Neglible Gravity".